Chancel Flowers This Morning are given by Pam Dunn in Honor of the 84th birthday of her parents, Maxine and Frank Florentino.
Add Some Wonder to Your Lent!
Our Wednesday Evening WONDER! experience includes the following:
- 6:00-7:00 Dinner (please remember to sign up each week – https://cpcdowningtown.org/wonder-dinner-sign-up/ or call the office.)
- 7:00 IMPACT Middle School and Spark! Elementary groups
- 7:00-8:15 Two Adult Opportunities for Your Lenten Experience
- Lenten Prayer Stations:Each Wednesday Rooms 107-109 will be set apart for quiet, individual contemplation at Prayer Stations. A variety of stations will be available each week to encourage participants to reflect personally and meditatively through prayer. Spend as much time as you want or are able, skip the stations that don’t appeal to you, and visit as often as you’d like through Lent.
- “Living your Lent Sheepishly: an Adult Wonder Class”(with homework)
Join us in the Prayer Room for a call to a Lenten focus and discipline found in Jesus’ “Parable of the Sheep & Goats” in Matthew 25. Rather than follow the tradition of giving something up as a spiritual discipline, we will challenge ourselves to take something on each week that will commit us to Jesus’ call and way of seeing and tending to those in need. Raising our awareness, engaging our compassion, changing a habit, responding in concrete actions – all “sheepish” ways of living Jesus’ way in this world. Join Jenny Warren and the rest of the flock on Wednesday evenings!
Noontime Lenten Services And Luncheon For The Community Sponsored by the Downingtown Area Ministerium: “Serving the Downingtown Area in the Love of Jesus Christ”. Worship: 12noon – 12:30 p.m. ~ Lunch is served after the Wednesday services. Please come and enjoy the worship and fellowship.
- Wednesday, March 18, 2020 – St. James’ Episcopal Church
- Wednesday, March 25, 2020 – Glenmoore UMC
- Wednesday, April 1, 2020 – St. Joseph Catholic Church
- Good Friday Worship April 10, 2020 – Downingtown United Methodist Church
Next Week is Deadline To Order Easter Flowers! Please check at the Welcome Center for a form for ordering beautiful Easter flowers to honor a loved one and to decorate our Sanctuary. Choice of Tulips, Daffodils or Lilies are $9 each for a 6-inch pot. Make checks payable to CPC. Feel free to take the flowers after Easter Sunday worship or leave them for homebound members. Kindly return the order form by March 22, 2020.
Calling Men & Boys; Girls & Women to sing special musical offerings in Eastertide! Men and Boys will sing “Down to the River to Pray” on April 19 and Women and Girls, “I Will Arise” on April 26. Perhaps a generation or so of your family can participate together or at concurrent times?! Rehearsals for these special offerings will be held at 11 a.m. starting March 22, Men and Boys in the Sanctuary, Women and Girls in the choir room, each week except Easter Sunday, April 12. You do not have to be present at all rehearsals. Questions? Contact Anne Cowburn or the church office.
Cafe Central Hosts are Still Needed in March. If you can help out, please sign up at the Welcome Center. Refreshments can be simple, directions are thorough, and there is a small budget available. Everyone loves our fellowship time, and we need your help to make it happen! Please contact the March captains, the Smith/Veit families, if you can help with a Sunday in March. Thanks for volunteering!
Our Central Landscaping Crew Needs You! There is much work to be done in the surrounding flower and shrub gardens around our sanctuary, and with spring right around the corner our gardens need our help! We could use your help in pruning/dividing/shoveling/trimming/pulling (weeds!) if you have an hour or two to spare. Our crew will be meeting on Saturday March 21st at 10 am for a few hours (rain date is Sunday March 22nd right after the service,) so please consider coming out and participating in beautifying Central! Any questions, please contact Nancy Kammerer or the church office.
Kids Central Preschool Is Looking for Board Members to serve 3 year terms. Please join us to celebrate love and learning for 3 and 4–year–olds. If interested, please contact Rae Ann Lukavsky or the church office.
VBS Volunteer Meeting, Tuesday, March 31, at 7:00PM. Now that we have enough VBS staff to move forward, the real work begins! All volunteers for VBS should plan to attend this informational and organizational meeting, so we can begin to prepare for the summer and get to know one another. A “back up” meeting will be held on Sunday, April 5 at 11AM for those who can’t make the preferred date of 3/31.