Chancel Flowers This Morning are given in Memory of Mary Joe Teddlie by Carol Jobe.
Add Some Wonder to Your Lent!
Our Wednesday Evening WONDER! experience includes the following:
- 6:00-7:00 pm Dinner (please RSVP each week – https://cpcdowningtown.org/wonder-dinner-sign-up/ or call the office.)
- 7:00 pm IMPACT Middle School and Spark! Elementary groups
- 7:00-8:15 pm Two Adult Opportunities for Your Lenten Experience
- Lenten Prayer Stations:Each Wednesday Rooms 107-109 will be set apart for quiet, individual contemplation at Prayer Stations. A variety of stations will be available each week to encourage participants to reflect personally and meditatively through prayer. Spend as much time as you want or are able, skip the stations that don’t appeal to you, and visit as often as you’d like through Lent.
- “Living your Lent Sheepishly: an Adult Wonder Class”(with homework) Join us in the Prayer Room for a call to a Lenten focus and discipline found in Jesus’ “Parable of the Sheep & Goats” in Matthew 25. Rather than follow the tradition of giving something up as a spiritual discipline, we will challenge ourselves to take something on each week that will commit us to Jesus’ call and way of seeing and tending to those in need. Raising our awareness, engaging our compassion, changing a habit, responding in concrete actions – all “sheepish” ways of living Jesus’ way in this world. Join Jenny Warren and the rest of the flock on Wednesday evenings!
Noontime Lenten Services And Luncheon For The Community Sponsored by the Downingtown Area Ministerium: “Serving the Downingtown area in the Love of Jesus Christ”
Worship: 12noon – 12:30 p.m. ~ Lunch is served after the Wednesday services. Please come and enjoy the worship and fellowship.
- Wednesday, March 11, 2020 Messiah Lutheran
- Wednesday, March 18, 2020 St. James’ Episcopal Church
- Wednesday, March 25, 2020 Glenmoore UMC
- Wednesday, April 1, 2020 St. Joseph Catholic Church
- Good Friday Worship April 10, 2020 Downingtown United Methodist Church
It’s Time To Order Easter Flowers! Please check at the Welcome Center for a form for ordering beautiful Easter flowers to honor a loved one and to decorate our Sanctuary. Choice of Tulips, Daffodils or Lilies are $9 each for a 6-inch pot. Make checks payable to CPC. Feel free to take the flowers after Easter Sunday worship or leave them for homebound members. Kindly return the order form by March 22, 2020.
Cafe Central Hosts are Still Needed in March. If you can help out, please sign up at the Welcome Center. Refreshments can be simple, directions are thorough, and there is a small budget available. Everyone loves our fellowship time, and we need your help to make it happen! Please contact the March captains, the Smith/Veit families, if you can help with a Sunday in March. Thanks for volunteering!
Our Central Landscaping Crew Needs You! There is much work to be done in the surrounding flower and shrub gardens around our sanctuary, and with spring right around the corner our gardens need our help! We could use your help in pruning/dividing/shoveling/trimming/pulling (weeds!) if you have an hour or two to spare. Our crew will be meeting on Saturday March 21st at 10 am for a few hours (rain date is Sunday March 22nd right after the service,) so please consider coming out and participating in beautifying Central! Any questions, please call Nancy Kammerer at 484-744-1403. Thank you!